2018 TSA State Conference
Davis Technical College
550 East 300 South
March 13-14, 2018
This year the State TSA Conference will be held at the Davis Technical College on March 13-14, 2018. Middle School events will be on March 13th and High School events on March 14th. The events will be held in the main building and the Barlow building. The awards ceremony is tentatively scheduled to be held at the Layton High School Auditorium. We hope your students are preparing for an exciting conference. Please check the State and National TSA web sites for the latest information on the events.
Online registration will begin on February 1st and close on March 6th. Only chapters who have completed their membership registration with National TSA will be able to participate at the State Conference. If your chapter has not affiliated with the National TSA office, we encourage you do so as soon as possible. The early registration (ends February 28th) cost for students will be $20.00 and advisors and guest $15.00. An additional $5.00 starting March 1st. Registration must be completed by March 6th. Register early.
Please remember that chapters must send in a copy of the “Utah TSA Participation Agreement 2017-18” for everyone (students and adults) attending the conference. Please scan and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment is due by March 7h to Utah TSA, PO Box 547, Draper, Utah 84020.
We encourage students interested in becoming a State Officer to complete the “Utah TSA State Officer Candidate Application” and send it to Utah TSA, PO Box 547, Draper, Utah 84020. Applications are due March 1st.
Updates and clarifications for the state conference:
- All competitive events with a semifinalist component, except for those listed below, will have a maximum of five (5) semifinalists at the state conference. The following competitions will have maximum semifinalist counts as noted:
- Debating Technological Issues (HS) – 6 semifinalists
- Dragster Design (HS) – 8 semifinalists
- Technology Bowl (HS) – 8 semifinalists
- Dragster (MS) – 8 semifinalists
- Junior Solar Sprint (MS) – 8 semifinalists
- Tech Bowl (MS) – 8 semifinalists
- The dress for all competitive events at the state conference will be as outlined in the competitive events guide or best school dress. The Chapter Team event requires dress as outlined in the competitive event guide.
- Structural Design and Engineering (HS) and Structural Engineering (MS): All teams should come to the conference with a pre-built structure, as described in the Competitive Events Guide. The event will not include building a structure on-site. It will not be necessary to bring a tool box to the competition.
- Flight Endurance (HS) and Flight (MS): These two events are tentatively scheduled be held at Layton High School. Advisors are responsible for their students travel to and from Layton High.
- Webmaster (HS) and Website Design (MS): All entries must be submitted online by the students via the registration website no later than 11:59 PM (mountain time) on Friday, March 9, 2018. Students can login to the registration website by using their individual conference ID (not team ID) and the chapter password that their advisor has set. Only students registered for these competitions will be able to submit an entry.
- Students must make sure you bring all supplies and materials as outlined in the competitive events guide.
Please check the National TSA website for further competition updates and clarifications. http://www.tsaweb.org/Updates-and-Clarification.